Federal Citizen Information Center
The Federal Citizen Information Center (FCIC), in the Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies has a 40-year history of providing U.S. government information and services directly to the public. It currently offers a variety of information channels, including websites, web chat, telephone, print, social media and email. FCIC programs include:
Website Management & Content Program
FCIC’s websites deliver helpful information to the public through a variety of websites and social media channels:
- USA.gov, the official web portal of the U.S. government, connecting people with government information, benefits and services. It also features a mobile version and an apps gallery
- GobiernoUSA.gov, its mobile site and apps gallery are the Spanish-language counterparts to USA.gov.
- Blog.USA.gov, showcasing the helpfulness and practicality of federal, state, and local government information
- Kids.gov, a portal to government websites designed especially for kids and educators
- Social media in English for helpful, up-to-the-minute information: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Scribd RSS feeds, email alerts and updates
- Social media in Spanish, written especially for the the U.S. Hispanic community: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, RSS feeds, and email alerts and updates
Contact Center Services Program
The Contact Center Services Program provides direct telephone (1-800-FED-INFO), email and web chat services to the public through the USA.gov Contact Center (USA.gov CC), as well as an array of contact center services for several other customer agencies. The USA.gov CC answers about 1 million phone, email, and chat inquiries each year on all federal government topics.
The program developed, awarded and manages the USA Contact contract, created for government agencies to use to quickly obtain their own citizen-centric contact center services. The program promotes the USA Contact contract and assists other federal agencies in its use.
In addition, the Contact Center Services Program manages and coordinates the Government Contact Center Council (G3C), a group of federal call center managers that share industry best practices, emerging technology, and collaborate during national emergencies.
Publication Services & Citizen Outreach Program
The Publication Services & Citizen Outreach Program coordinates outreach and delivery of FCIC services to both the public and federal agency customers.
The Citizen Outreach team produces educational promotions and public service advertising that inform citizens about the FCIC websites, National Contact Center services, and consumer publications.
The Information Program Managers team assists federal agencies with warehousing, promoting and distributing publications through the Pueblo CO publications distribution facility, FCIC’s Consumer Information Catalog and online. The team manages the website Publications.USA.gov, (formerly Pueblo.gsa.gov), providing access to hundreds of the best federal publications, including the popular FCIC-published Consumer Action Handbook and its Spanish counterpart la Guía del Consumidor.